6:00 – 8:00 pm Youth Center
Youth Group (Grades 6 – 12): Virtual Youth Group is meeting on Zoom on Sundays at 6:30 pm
All youth grades 6th-12th are invited to join us for youth group. We start with fellowship time, have some snacks, play group games. We explore scripture in a way that is relevant to issues we are dealing with today and small group discussion time.
9:15 – 10:30 am Youth Center
Middle School Sunday School: This class is open to all 6th to 8th grade middle school students. Students wills stay in worship with their families on 5th Sundays (the dates are published in the monthly Spire). AMPed students are dismissed from Ignite Worship Service (McComas Hall) following the praise songs (around 9:45 am). Students will be dismissed and meet in the back of McComas Hall to walk to the Youth Center as a group.
The class is taught by Ashley Sanders and Ginni Pippen.
All 6th and 8th graders are welcome to attend and are encouraged to invite friends.
4:00 – 6:00 pm Choir Room
Youth Choir (Grades 6 – 12): Our youth choir sings on the 4th Sunday of each month during the 9:15 service. In addition to rehearsal, dinner will be provided. For details, contact Kristen Brought at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation in the United Methodist Church provides students the opportunity to reflect on the fundamental tenants of our faith in an environment that allows them to ask questions and even wrestle with divine truths and mysteries proclaimed by the Church of Jesus Christ and our denomination. Confirmation helps students clarify what it means to become a fully devoted follower of Christ and affords them an opportunity to make their first independent and public profession of faith. We believe Confirmation is a significant step in the journey of faith. Confirmation is more than just attendance in class. Confirmation is about worship, class participation, youth group and community service.
- Youth are required to attend at least three church services a month at Bel Air UMC (please do not forget to sign the attendance pads)
- All confirmation classes are mandatory. Youth may miss up to two classes. If a student misses class, they can make-up the class after-school (Tuesday – Thursday between 3 and 4:30 pm) or do a written assignment.
- Students are required to complete at least 24 service hours in a church sponsored ministry by May 17. Examples include but are not limited to
- Time spent working on the class recycling project
- Family Food Distribution (May 15th 8 am – 12:30 or May 16th 9 am – 11:45 am)
- Help in the church nursery Sunday mornings! Youth volunteers can help during 9:15 am service most weeks. This mean, you will need to attend either the 8, 10:30 am or the 5 pm (at Mt Carmel Chapel) in addition to helping out in the nursery. Contact Deb email@example.com.
Mark Your Calendar
Service Hour Opportunities
Fridays &/or Saturdays August 14th 8 am - 12:30 pm & August 15th 9 am - 11:45 am McComas Hall
Family Food Distribution needs helpers to set up on Friday nights & Saturday mornings, break down on Saturday afternoons, and perform other duties to make sure this monthly service to our community runs smoothly. If interested, contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the church office for details.
Youth on Missions
Bel Air United Methodist Church’s Student Ministries believes strongly that missions is being the hands and feet of Jesus. We are heavily invested in our time, talents, and offerings on the mission field.